Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Maple Cinnamon Glazed Pumpkin Scones!


Hi everyone! I can't believe fall is already here. I feel like just yesterday I was waking up at 6am for summer training (so upset that's over by the way). Fall is my absolute favorite season for a ton of reasons. One of the top ones would have to be the fact that fall means its time for pumpkin everything. Pumpkin Americanos have kinda been my jam recently, so much so that the baristas at Starbucks are starting to recognize me…Yikes? I choose to embrace it. I recently became a gold member which I'm pretty excited about. I also can't believe the international season has already begun! Colin and I just got home from the U.S. International Classic in Salt Lake City. We were happy with our skates and we are so excited for the rest of the season! Any who, enough about skating, let's talk scones. Personally, I love scones, any flavor, any time, scones and I are cool. Buut since it is fall, and I haven't made anything pumpkin yet, I thought pumpkin scones had to be my next post. 


Pumpkin Scones - recipe from Taste Of Home

• 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 4 teaspoons baking Powder
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup of cold butter (2 sticks) cut into small cubes
• 2 eggs
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree

Preheat oven to 400°

Mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. 


Once incorporated mix in the butter (you may have to use your hands). The mixture will look like coarse crumbs. 


In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, 1/2 cup of the milk, and the pumpkin. Stir into the dry ingredients until it just comes together. Turn the mixture out onto a floured surface and knead 5-6 times. Cut the dough in half and form each half into an 8 inch circle. Cut each circle into eight wedges. Place the wedges an inch apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet and brush the wedges with the remaining 1/4 cup of milk.


 Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool for at least 10 minutes before glazing.


Maple Cinnamon glaze

• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons milk
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix together all ingredients until smooth. Use a spoon to drizzle the glaze over the scones and enjoy!


Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see in my next blog! Pumpkin or no pumpkin all ideas are welcome :)



No comments:

Post a Comment